The global pulp & paper market is expected to gain impetus from the increasing usage of e-commerce platforms by youngsters to purchase cosmetics, groceries, and food items. It is mainly occurring because of the increasing usage of smartphones and internet worldwide. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights™ in a new report, the report further mentions that the pulp & paper market size was USD 348.83 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 368.10 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 0.8% during the forecast period.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought the world economy to a risky stage. It has disrupted supply chains, caused shortages of beds in hospitals, and halted production of a wide range of industries. Until a vaccine is found, we don’t know till how long this situation will persist. Our reports would help you in finding the right strategy to battle this pandemic.
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- Which region and segment would dominate the market?
- How will the companies surge sales of pulp & paper in 2020?
- Which strategies would be implemented by players to strengthen their positions?
- What are the challenges, opportunities, dynamics, and growth drivers of the market?
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Drivers & Restraints-
Rising Shift of Companies towards Environmentally-friendly Solutions will Spur Growth
Pulp & paper are considered to be the most recyclable and sustainable materials used in packaging across the globe. Nowadays, the environmental concerns are surging and this is further compelling the manufacturers to shift towards eco-friendlier paper packaging solutions. Thus, the prominent FMCG, cosmetics, and food companies are joining hands with pulp & paper manufacturers to develop novel paper packaging solutions.
Apart from that, the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has raised the demand for tissue papers, especially from hospitals. These factors would contribute to the pulp & paper market growth in the near future. However, as paper industries require huge amounts of wood, the rate of water crisis & deforestation is increasing day by day. It may hinder the growth of the market for pulp & paper.
Wrapping & Packaging Segment to Lead Owing to Usage of Paper Based Packaging Products
Based on category, the market is fragmented into newsprint, sanitary, printing & writing, wrapping & packaging, and others. Out of these, the wrapping & packaging segment generated 52.9% pulp & paper market share in 2019 and is likely to dominate in the coming years. This growth is attributable to the rising usage of paper based packaging products. Additionally, the increasing penetration of the retail sector & e-commerce have surged the demand for wrapping & packaging paper.
Asia Pacific to Lead Backed by Increasing Demand for Paper Based Products
Asia Pacific is set to be the leading consumer of pulp & paper in the world. India is expected to showcase a robust growth throughout the forthcoming years because of the high demand for paper based products in the country. In Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam, the increasing economic growth would open doors to opportunities for paper manufacturers. North America, on the other hand, held USD 64.11 billion in terms of revenue in 2019.
Inquire Before Buying This Report:
Key Players Focus on Acquisitions & Investments to Intensify Competition
The market consists of numerous enterprises, but International Paper is the leading one. It provides papers of various grades, such as specialty papers, office papers, commercial printing papers, digital papers, and converting papers. Some of the others are mainly focusing on acquisitions and investments strategies to gain a competitive edge. Below are two key industry developments:
- April 2020: Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd. successfully acquired the paperboard and fiber based packaging business from Orora Limited. It would help Nippon to develop its business in New Zealand, Australia.
- April 2019: Georgia-Pacific Corporation announced the investments of USD 120 million in its Naheola Paper Mill for improving its bath tissue business. It purchased a new tissue manufacturing machine and built a tissue storage facility.
Fortune Business Insights™ lists out the names of all the prominent pulp & paper manufacturers operating in the market. They are as follows:
- International Paper (Tennessee, USA)
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation (Georgia, USA)
- Nine Dragon Paper (Holdings) Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Stora Enso Oyj (Helsinki, Finland)
- Sappi Limited (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (Texas, USA)
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj (Helsinki, Finland)
- Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA) (Sundsvall, Sweden)
- Oji Holding Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- The Smurfit Kappa Group (Dublin, Ireland)
- WestRock (Georgia, USA)
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]